Mackinnon and Partners are experts in solar recruitment solutions. Our renewable energy jobs can always be found on the careers page here. But every month we highlight a green energy job in our news section.
Project Design Engineer (REMOTE)
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Engineering, or another management personnel that the President/Senior Vice President of the Company may designate.
This position is located remotely and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time.
This position is expected to travel up to 30%
- Prepare bid packages for subcontractors including scope of work, schedule, project description, and conceptual design in coordination with internal CAD Designers and Subject Matter Engineering Experts
- Assist in all stages of project design including conceptual and advanced system design observing regulatory codes as well as customer requirements, balance of systems, permitting and technical support
- Prepare conceptual design for solar projects including selection of major components, equipment layouts, single-line diagrams, etc.
- Assist project implementation in collaboration with the Project Manager and Senior Project Engineer during planning and construction to assure quality and execution according to schedule
- Development and review of energy production models, project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, and quotes from suppliers
- Coordinate external resources such as structural, civil and electrical engineering consultants, geotechnical and topographic surveyors, other specialized professionals as needed and suppliers
- Create, review and maintain drawing packages and project documentation
- In collaboration with other team members, contribute to the completion of proposals to design and deliver photovoltaic projects
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in project designs, plans, processes and product development
- Assist with technical training of other team members and new employees
- Perform energy generation modeling for solar projects using PV Syst and other tools
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related engineering science
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional engineering experience in the solar industry
- Relevant work experience in the design and development of PV power plants
- Experience with AutoCAD (or equivalent)
- Experience with photovoltaic performance modeling tools (preferably PVSyst)
- Strong in Microsoft Office SuiteExperience with Gantt charts (MS Project or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
- Previous experience managing project from initial design to installation and execution, preferred
- Experience in permitting processes with local authorities having jurisdiction, preferred.
Find Out More
Mackinnon and Partners are expert renewable energy recruiters, and we want you to achieve your success. We aim to provide first class candidates to a variety of emerging and established markets with a wealth of knowledge in the renewables, oil and gas, and construction industry recruitment both on and offshore.
This is just one example of the kind of green energy jobs we offer. Contact us to learn more about how you can advance your career or find world-class talent to add to your organization. We aim to give clients a seamless and hassle-free recruitment process with the right candidate presented the first time.
- What is the Manufacturing Jobs Outlook for 2023? - May 23, 2023
- What Jobs does Solar Energy Create? - May 15, 2023
- Solar Energy Jobs - May 1, 2023