Mackinnon and Partners are experts in construction industry recruitment. Our renewable energy jobs can always be found on the careers page here. But every month we highlight a green energy job in our news section.
Senior Safety Co-ordinator
Directly manages all health, safety, and environmental matters for the facility.
Functions as the site’s primary resource to establish, administer and monitor safety, health and environmental systems ensuring a safe and healthy work environment as well as compliance to applicable environmental regulations.
Ensures personnel receive the information and training required to maintain and operate all manufacturing and material handling equipment and facilities safely and efficiently.
Establishes accident investigation and reporting procedures, manages workers’ compensation claims to minimize cost and future liabilities, maintains required records, and fosters a safety culture that is in alignment with corporate directives.
- Develops, implements, administers, and maintains applicable health, safety, and environmental programs. Develops, delivers, or facilitates training required by health, safety, and environmental programs. Serves as the main safety contact at the facility.
- Coordinates and maintains an internal safety program, including safety committees and regular safety meetings.
- Report’s safety performance measurements to the Site Manufacturing Manager for review and assists in the preparation of safety performance reports/presentations. Responds to regulatory inquiries and inspections pertaining to health, safety, and environmental programs.
- Audits existing safety, health and environmental programs and updates programs as regulation changes occur. Review’s safety audits to ensure that actions have been completed.
- Manages worker’s compensation and injury management programs, including return to work programs. Develops and implements accident investigation programs and procedures to ensure work related injuries are reported and investigated in order to prevent reoccurrences. Assists with accident investigations if necessary.
- Facilitates health, safety and environmental training as required by safety or environmental regulations as a means of assuring compliance and providing a safe work environment.
- Oversees and manages environmental programs, including record keeping and hazardous / special handling waste programs.
- Takes a lead role in implementing emergency response programs including life / safety, fire protection and emergency evacuation procedures. Responsible for ensuring that the facility has the required level of fully trained First Aiders and Fire Marshals.
- Responsible for the issuing of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), identifying the most suitable PPE suppliers, and ensuring the correct PPE is in place.
- Works with the Value Stream Managers and Productions Supervisors to ensure safe systems of work are embedded in standard operating procedures
Find Out More
Mackinnon and Partners are experts in renewable energy recruitment, and we want you to achieve your success. We aim to provide first class candidates to a variety of emerging and established markets with a wealth of knowledge in the renewables and energy sector recruitment, oil and gas, and construction industry recruitment both on and offshore.
This is just one example of the kind of green energy jobs we offer. Contact us to learn more about how you can advance your career or find world-class talent to add to your organization. We aim to give clients a seamless and hassle-free recruitment process with the right candidate presented the first time.