In today’s “employee market”, it can be hard for organizations to find any candidates, let alone the people fit for particular roles. In the recruiting process, it all starts with the job posting. Top candidates aren’t just looking for a job, they are looking for a better job. To inspire the best people to apply for roles, you need to create job postings that will attract the right candidates and make your positions and postings stand out.
Producing job postings that attract top notch candidates, can sometimes be easier said than done. We are going to review some tips for how you can improve your job postings to make them more appealing to the right individuals for your roles.
Tips to Create Job Postings that will Attract the Right Candidates
Are you looking for that perfect person to fill your vacant role? The right candidate’s resume may never make its way to you if you don’t first start with a job posting to interest them. The purpose of a job description isn’t just to tell people about the job you have available; its purpose is to attract the right candidates and set expectations about the position and your organization.
Below are some things you can do to ensure you are attracting the right candidates for your open positions and to help you stand out from the competition.
- Keep it Short and Concise: Have you ever heard the saying, “Less is more”? When it comes to creating your job postings, this is true. Today, many people search for jobs on their phones or other devices, and they look for postings that are short and to the point. If a candidate has to read a lot of information, they tend to shy away from the opportunity. According to LinkedIn research, job posts with 150 words or less got candidates to apply 17.8% more frequently than job posts with 450 to 600 words.
- Relevant and Clear Headline: This goes hand and hand with keeping your posting short and concise. Ensure that the job title and headline is a clear indication of the job function and role. Candidates will shy away from a job postings if the title and headline don’t appeal to them.
- Focus on What’s Important to the Candidate: When a person is searching for a job, especially nowadays, they want to know the things that are important to them, such as: compensation, required qualifications, company culture, benefits, job details, and growth opportunities. Basically, candidates want to know how much they’ll make, what kind of work they’ll be doing, and whether they’ll have a real chance at getting the position.
- Add Some Personality, but Keep it Professional: Culture is key for many candidates seeking a job. Add some personality into your job posting to show a little bit of what makes your organization unique. Remain professional. Postings that are too casual can deter high qualified candidates. Avoid using slang and catchy hashtags, this will make the posting appealing for all job seekers.
- Define Success: Include performance goals and expectations in your job posting. You are looking for candidates that will succeed in the role, and job seekers are looking for roles in which they can excel in. Include metrics and expected results. This will help the candidate know if they are a good fit for the position.
Overcoming the current hiring challenges starts by creating job postings that will attract the right candidates. You can speed up your hiring process and ensure you have the ideal people for your job vacancies but creating better job descriptions.
Are you looking for the right candidates for your open positions? Mackinnon & Partners is the place for your search to find professional technical staff. Our purpose is to connect the right candidate with the right job in a variety of industries and offer an unmatched level of knowledge and expertise in every interaction with our clients.
With vast experience in energy recruitment, we have adapted to the complex, ever-changing modern marketplace by expanding into emerging renewables and technology recruitment, vendor management, and other workforce solutions around the globe. With a comprehensive understanding of each client’s needs, we deliver necessary staffing resources on time and on budget.
Contact us today to get started.
- What is the Manufacturing Jobs Outlook for 2023? - May 23, 2023
- What Jobs does Solar Energy Create? - May 15, 2023
- Solar Energy Jobs - May 1, 2023